Saturday, January 11, 2014

cocktail: Cranberry Tart

I love cranberry juice, especially in the winter. I made a bunch of cranberry syrups for each holiday, with other flavorings depending on what else we are cooking, and always used them up within a few days. On the last trip to the store, I grabbed their simplest cranberry juice, like I usually do...except I was at Whole Foods, and it was just plain cranberries mixed with water. When I did my usual (ice, vodka, cranberry, DRINK), I was met with SOUR. I like drinks that are bitter or sour, but this was too sour to drink straight, that night anyway.

I was lazy - I just added some OJ to sweeten it up and made it a night. BUT, fast forward 24 hours, and I decided to have some fun with it! This is still a sour, pucker up drink, but a nice refresher. On a warm summer night on the deck, it would be perfect.

With no further ado...



Cranberry Tart

1 part Aperol
1.5 part vodka
2 parts good Cranberry Juice
4-5 dashes Orange Bitters
Seltzer

Stir first four ingredients in glass. Add ice and stir again. Top with seltzer. Add garnishes if feeling fancy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment